Grilled Honey and Maple Soy Chicken


                              


Hi everyone, hope you are all doing great. Chicken as we know is delicious to eat, and there are lots of ways to cook it. Fried, baked, grilled, boiled, roasted etc. The great thing about it is that you can add different types of flavours and spices and get a phenomenal taste. Chicken is delicious. 
I have various recipes for chicken on my blog, and I decided to add another one. After this post, I have another recipe for chicken that i will post after this one. 
I was looking for ways to spice up my lunch, then I came a cross this Recipe, so I decided to develop it and come up with my own version. For those who are cutting out on sodium I have added the option of using light soy which is very low in sodium
Let’s get started shall we. 
INGREDIENTS
  • Chicken thighs
  • 2 tablespoons of honey
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup 
  • 2 tablespoons of Soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of Black pepper
  • 2 tablespoon of White pepper
  • Fresh ginger
  • 3 cloves of Fresh garlic
  • 1 tablespoon of Oyster sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon of Sesame oil
UTENSILS:
Bowl
Baking Pan
Prep time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: 2 hours
Baking/Grilling time
Method: 
Next peel the garlic and ginger.
 
 Rinse the chicken and remove any hairs.   
I used fresh black pepper, I pounded it into a powdery form
    
Grate the ginger and garlic. Add the remaining ingredients into the chicken and mix

Make sure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
   
Next place it on a baking tray. Bake for the first 10 minutes. 
What it looks like after 10 minutes   
Next remove from the oven and then cover it with a foil paper. This will stop it from over crisping at the top. Grill for 40 minutes
 
After 40 minutes, check the chicken.remove the foil and baste the chicken with the marinade in the pan. Grill for the last 5 minutes and remove from the oven
  
Thats it you are done. Once you have made this chicken, you will want to make it again and again. 
Enjoy with either Jollof rice, fried rice, coconut rice or even Jasmine rice. All recipes for the above mentioned are on my blog.
Enjoy!
   
    
 
I will see you all in my next post

We love your contributions to our articles, kindly drop your comment, make them clean, Thanks.

Previous Post Next Post

SUBSCRIBE

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner